I t's clear the instant John Travolta lopes into the Imperial Gardens on Sunset Strip – clearer even than during his stunning opening Saturday Night Fever walk – he will be revered forever, in the manner of Elvis, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and for the same reasons. No one ever really felt they would know Elvis, Marilyn, Dean, or that they should: certain personalities seem born for the remoteness of the movie screen, not the vulgar. ersatz intimacy of television. Actually having such mythical creatures in one's living room would destroy the lush, intricate fantasies they permit you in the dark of the movie house. Travolta's personal impact has nothing to do with what he says, sitting next to me in the restaurant, which is "Hi." He barely needs to speak: the grin does, as do the eyes, which glow perpetually in otherworldly blue, like Amy Irving's and Andrew Stevens' eyes in the last reel of The Fury. Neither is his real-life walk especially remarkable. Currently, journalists assert that he always walks as he did in Fever 's opening, his weight in his hips, shifting them like gears, but that's ludicrous. That was acting. Actually, he lopes, hunching a bit…. Read full this story
- Grant Hill ‘fired up’ for ‘Inside Stuff’ debut
- Magic players, Stuff spend day working at Southwest
- Ovechkin: Putin has ‘secret stuff’ up his sleeve
- Bob Costas: Olympic slopestyle is ‘Jackass’ stuff
- ‘Rumble’ Johnson on potential UFC deal: ‘We’re still working out some stuff’
- Toledo stacking up wins, unfazed by ‘other stuff’
- 32-0 Shockers keep showing they have the right ‘stuff,’ defensively, in the paint
- Yasiel Puig’s ‘other stuff’ lingers as Dodgers lose to Giants
- So about this pine tar … what exactly is this stuff?
- Matheny: Martinez’s ‘stuff is too good for that to happen’
- Ex-Vikings coach Grant holds court selling ‘stuff’ at garage sale
- Vida Blue sticks to slow stuff at Sonoma
Struttin’ His Stuff have 325 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 15, 1978. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.