Queen Nefertiti is one of two most famous queens of ancient Egypt, the other being Cleopatra. Her beauty, revealed in her famous limestone portrait busts – the loveliest masterpieces of Egyptian sculpture – has made her widely known around the world. Yet, in spite of her fame, historians are not unanimous about her origins. There appears to have been a deliberate attempt in ancient Egypt to erase the existence of her memory due to reasons that will be elaborated in this article.Nefertiti is a mysterious figure. Some say, who she was, or who her parents were, is unknown and that she was just a commoner. Others have suggested that she was a Hittite princess, or that she was a Mittani princess from a neighboring kingdom, or a daughter of Ay, one the viziers to the pharaoh. However clarifying the matter would help to clarify other significant aspects of ancient Egyptian civilization.An aspect of genetics, that appears not to have been given the attention it deserves, can help resolve this mystery. It is the elongated skull or the dolichocephalic heads that many members of the eighteenth Egyptian dynasty possessed. One of the reasons that historians ignored this feature at first is… Read full this story
- Jennifer Garner Became the Viral Oscars Meme You Didn't Know You Needed — 'What Realization Did She Just Come to?'
- Who was the Queen’s father George VI and how did he die?
- How long were the Queen and Prince Philip married?
- Deadly make-up regime of Queen Elizabeth I was full of toxic substances
- Queen Has 'Sensitivity' to What Prince Harry Is Going Through Because of Her Sister Princess Margaret
- Clare Balding's 'surprise' visit from Queen: 'He forgot to tell us!'
- Royal Family news – Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘go completely ROGUE leaving Queen incredibly worried about future’
- Ronald Reagan & the Original 'Welfare Queen'
- Freddie Mercury songs: How many Queen songs did Freddie Mercury write?
- Royal Family LIVE: Queen to hand Kate Prince Harry's role in new seal of approval
- Queen of the South season 6: Fans launch official petition for Devon Finch spin-off
- Royal Family LIVE: Queen flees England to escape Megxit row as Harry 'cancels' own invite
Where Did Queen Nefertiti Come From? have 357 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 3, 2006. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.