Jim Gordon has a vision. It moves him so much that he abandoned his chair about an hour ago and paces the corridors and rooms of his Boston offices. He stops at a map of Cape Cod and taps his finger in the middle of Nantucket Sound. He wants you to understand why it’s the perfect site for America’s first offshore wind farm. “Nobody will ever embargo it, nobody will ever manipulate it,” Gordon says. “This is our own domestic resource we’re blessed to have off of the coast here. We’re hoping Cape Wind can inspire other communities to look at their indigenous energy resources.” advertisement advertisement Here, near the coastline where the Pilgrims first beheld the New World, this former fossil fuel power plant tycoon wants to pioneer a new era in renewable energy. His $1 billion Cape Wind project would be America’s first offshore wind farm, with 130 turbines, each higher than a 40-story building, turning the inexhaustible ocean breezes into enough clean energy to supply three quarters of the electricity needs of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket — all with zero emissions of air pollution, no wastewater discharge, and probably even a reduction in electricity rates… Read full this story
- Paula Apro of Mariposa Energy to be Featured on CUTV News Radio
- Josh Gordon catches first touchdown from Tom Brady as Patriots beat Colts 38-24
- Morning sports update: NFL writer’s Josh Gordon take hasn’t aged well
- Sherrod Brown, Jim Renacci, continue to trash each other during Ohio's second U.S. Senate debate
- Two Decades After Author Jim Goad Fell From Grace In Portland, He’s Re-emerged As an Icon of the Alt-Right
- Cruz’s Reaction to ‘New Jim Crow’ Comments Ignores the Racist Roots of Mass Incarceration
- Six Six Five Energy, Inc. Executes LOI for Acquisition of Certain Assets by 10sion Holdings, Inc.
- Jim Boeheim had a lot to say on paying players, his team and Buddy's real name
- Jim Boeheim, ACC commissioner not worried about $125,000 G-League deals
- Jim Bickford, teacher, coach, announcer and statistician at Chalmette High, dies Tuesday
- Crossword puzzle answers: October 26, 2018
- You asked, we answered: How does an indictment affect Chris Collins' campaign?
Jim Gordon May Have an Answer to our Energy Problems have 357 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at July 6, 2007. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.