The United States is the birthplace of both the personal computer and the Internet. It has written the rules for using business technology to deliver staggering increases in worker productivity. It has given the world major innovations in the microprocessors that power computing and electronics devices of all sizes and functions.The U.S. has quite simply served as the undisputed leader and catalyst of the global IT industry for the past 40 years. Yet the landscape has changed rapidly over the past decade, and especially in the past five years, as the U.S. is now facing challenges across the board from nimble innovators in Europe and Asia.In the past several months, many journalists and commentators in the U.S. have made bold assertions and dire predictions about America’s decline as a force in technology. Below is a list of some of the more prominent (and most dire) reports, including links and some quotes that provide a brief synopsis of each one. US Losing Its IT Chops (TechNewsWorld)”The United States has fallen to seventh place among 122 economies in its network readiness, or ability to leverage the opportunities of IT, according to a report … by the World Economic Forum [sponsored by Cisco]…. Read full this story
- Twitter Is Giving Trump 'Special Treatment' Despite New Rules for World Leaders, Says Free Speech Expert
- CES 2017: 5G and artificial intelligence take centre stage at world's biggest technology show
- Joe Biden Brags He Spent More Time With China's Xi as Vice President Than Any World Leader
- What is it with world leaders tweeting selfies?
- Jacques Chirac funeral – Putin, Bill Clinton and Salma Hayek among world leaders and celebs paying last respects to former French president
- Greta Thunberg attacks world leaders for failing her generation as she files lawsuit at United Nations
- Emmanuel Macron warns world leaders against nationalism on centenary of Armistice
- France hosts world leaders to address global challenges
- Watch Dogs - Burner Phones, locations, Sanity Check, hidden items, collectibles
- Twitter clarifies special rules for tweets by world leaders like Trump
- Bengaluru is now world leader in scooter-sharing: Report
- World Wrestling Championships: Gurpreet fights hard before losing to world number two
Sanity check: Is the U.S. losing its role as the world leader in information technology? have 350 words, post on www.techrepublic.com at July 19, 2007. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.