Many of us have thought of “locking up” a killer domain name or Web address. Then, all we’d have to do is find a buyer. Some people with whom I speak tell me that all of the good domain names have been registered. Personally, I think that an enterprising and savvy person can still make a big score in online “real estate.”Through the first half of this year, we have seen some domain names fetch in the millions: Porn.com — US$9.5 million; Chinese.com — $1.12 million; Topix.com — $1 million. I’d say that there still is a thriving and growing market for domain names, defined as an alpha-numeric designation used to identify a particular computer or address on the Internet.There is a major player out of Waltham, Mass., called “NameMedia.” I recently went to their Web site, and here is how they describe their domain name marketplace:”NameMedia combines the industry’s largest portfolio of premium domain names with SiteMarket, our domain valuation platform designed to drive the most dynamic marketplace for revenue-generating online properties.”Listen to Ted di Stefano (6:57 minutes)According to an article in the New York Times, this company owns 750,000 domain names. It is playing a big role in… Read full this story
- Vatican arrests businessman in shady London real estate deal
- Hindustan Times Virtual Real Estate Expo gets thumbs up from prospective buyers!
- Southern Vietnamese real estate market: emergence of large M&A deals
- What’s in a name? A lot if your real estate brand is named Corona
- Is cash flow heading for VN real estate market?
- Haute Residence Welcomes Jenny Lenz To Its Exclusive Real Estate Network
- Haute Residence Welcomes Kelly Ringer-Radetich To Its Exclusive Real Estate Network
- Signs of Optimism in the Real Estate Market (Sponsored)
- Guardians Real Estate Advisory buys 7,500 sq ft in ONE BKC for about Rs 30 crore
- Asia-Pacific investment volumes in real estate fall due to COVID-19
- Vietnam considers foreign ownership of hospitality real estate
- Japanese investors lead M&A in real estate market
OPINION Domain Names: The Latest Real Estate Deals have 329 words, post on www.technewsworld.com at August 31, 2007. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.