Once you have seen all of London’s most famous landmarks, why not spend a day out from the busy capital and discover some other interesting destinations.ElyA visit to Ely in Cambridgeshire which is just over an hour from the London main line railway station Kings Cross, will give you the opportunity to visit the fabulous Ely Cathedral which dates back to the eleventh century. The Great Ouse river is to be found on the eastern side of the town and is a popular spot for walkers and boat trips.ColchesterHistoric Colchester is the oldest recorded town in England and its highlights are the Castle Park with its Norman Castle which dates from 1076. Colchester was invaded by the Romans in 43AD and there is still plenty evidence of their occupation to see, including the imposing Roman walls. Colchester can be reached by rail from London’s Liverpool Street station in around one hour.ParisWith the opening of the Channel Tunnel, London to Paris has now become a day trip by high speed rail.The Eurostar service starts from St Pancras Station in London and arrives at the Gard Du Nord station in central Paris in only two hours fifteen minutes. From the Gard Du… Read full this story
- Get ready for major staycation inspiration as UK's best days out revealed
- Best museums in the UK for brilliant day out as voted for by visitors
- Nets and Lawrence Frank are all business on Euro trip
- American, policeman among London terror attack victims
- First Lady Michelle Obama checks out London with Malia and Sasha
- 5 top Arizona craft breweries that will make you very hoppy
- Nets place accent on Paris match
- The Oscar champ is a ticket out of poverty for two young stars
- President Obama's British Step-mom, Kezia Obama, proud her son is meeting Queen
- Sex on high heels: Get ready for the summer's wildest romp in 'Sex and the City 2'
- November Phoenix local music picks: The Maine, AZ Hip Hop Festival, Pistoleros
- Travel like a pro: Tips and tricks to journey to far-off lands without looking like a total tourist
Ten Sightseeing Day Trips From London have 341 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 2, 2008. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.