Could nutrients as basic as CoQ10, vitamin D, and vitamin B3 actually provide significant protection from Alzheimer’s disease? Recent medical research says the answer is yes.Alzheimer’s is a progressive and devastating brain disorder that effects more than 26 million people worldwide. 5.3 million people in the US alone have the disease, including thirteen percent of adults over 65 and more than half of all US adults over 85. The Alzheimer’s Association makes the chilling prediction that every 70 seconds, someone in the US develops AD. By the middle of the century, that rate is expected to increase to one new case every 33 seconds.The disease impairs memory, cognitive function, and physical ability. Though the severity of symptoms varies, it is characterized by dementia – brain impairment severe enough to interfere with everyday activities and social relationships. A high percentage of people with the disease eventually need full-time care. The Alzheimer’s Association data shows that 69 percent of all nursing home residents and 65 percent of people in assisted living have dementia resulting from the disease.The cause of AD remains unknown and there is no cure for it, though there are some drugs that are believed to slow its progression. However,… Read full this story
- Vitamin D found to protect against heart disease, but Americans don't get enough
- An Experimental Drug for Obesity Shows Promise in Treating Alzheimer's—At Least in Mice
- That Study Making Its Way Around the Web Doesn't Say That Prenatal Vitamins Cause Autism
- Vitamin E protects against four kinds of cancer, but not in pill form
- You don't need more calcium and vitamin D
- Vitamin D deficiency linked to autoimmune diseases and cancer
- May Beauty Box Review, Part One
- Lifehacker's Essential Science-Based Guide to Skincare
- Nanotechnology adds vital enzyme to water
- All-Corn Diet Turns Hamsters Into Cannibals Who Eat Their Young
- Are Energy Drinks Bad for You?
- New type of drug for neurodegenerative diseases
CoQ10, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B3 - Triple Protection From Alzheimers? have 305 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 13, 2009. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.