Reggie Wayne stared right through all those reporters.He wasn’t bothered by the questions Sunday night. He justcouldn’t believe he and the Colts lost to his hometown New OrleansSaints in the Super Bowl.Moments after Indianapolis came up one win short of achampionship, the Pro Bowl receiver downplayed the disappointmentby focusing on next season.“I’d rather win than lose, but I think once we get this feelingout of the way, we’ll be determined to come back and get anothershot at it,” Wayne said.Who could blame him for being upset? He’ll hear about this lossfor years.It won’t be any easier for other Colts, who will constantly bereminded of blowing a 10-point lead in the Super Bowl and failingto live up to expectations following a near-perfect regularseason.“I felt like we played well this postseason,” Peyton Manningsaid. “We played well in our first playoff game, played well twoweeks ago and, at times, made some plays against the Saints. Wejust didn’t play well enough to win.”The Colts compiled several impressive accomplishments thisseason:– They broke the NFL record for consecutive regular-season wins(23).– They set the league mark for wins in a decade (115).– They extended their own NFL mark of consecutive 12-win seasonsto seven.– They completed seven fourth-quarter… Read full this story
- Super Bowl 2019: Patriots' regular-season struggles have made their latest Super Bowl run a little sweeter
- Can Jared Goff and his steady demeanor take Rams on a Super Bowl run?
- As outrage over Saints loss stews, Super Bowl boycotts, homegrown celebrations take shape
- Eagles' Super Bowl run fueled Wilmington's Wendell Smallwood this season, but in a different way
- NFL playoffs: Which team in wild-card round could make Super Bowl run?
- Maske: Patriots’ dynasty is fading, but they might have one more Super Bowl run left in them
- Super Bowl LIII: Dont’a Hightower or Mark Barron to get championship ring
- Super Bowl LIII: Brandon King, Jonathan Jones could join Auburn’s multiple winners
- Will Rob Gronkowski retire after the Super Bowl? Here’s what Gronk and NFL experts have said about his NFL future.
- Which conference has the most former players in Super Bowl LIII?
- Atlanta mayor: I want anyone but the Saints coming here for the Super Bowl
- Only two possible matchups can end the Huskers' 25-year Super Bowl streak
Colts hope loss fuels another Super Bowl run have 380 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 8, 2010. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.