Sylvia Hatchell doesn’t recognize the team wearing NorthCarolina jerseys this year.The trapping defense that created so much havoc? Gone.The high-scoring offense that fed off turnovers? Gone, too.Instead, the coach with more than 800 career victories istinkering with lineups and strategy to stop the Tar Heels’monthlong slide that has jeopardized their NCAA tournament chancesand has them unranked for the first time in more than eightyears.“I’ve got to keep pushing buttons until I find the rightthing,” Hatchell said. “We can play really well at times, but Idon’t have that defensive stopper out there. I don’t have thatleader to get them together and say, ‘Look, get the ball here.’We’ve got to keep working until it happens.”Ranked as high as fourth in November, the Tar Heels (17-9, 5-7ACC) have lost six of seven since the start of February. It’s anunusual stretch for a program that has won at least 28 games fivestraight seasons, a span in which they reached two Final Fours andtwo NCAA regional finals while also earning four straight ACCtournament titles and NCAA No. 1 seeds.It will be difficult for the Tar Heels to extend their run withtrips to No. 22 Georgia Tech on Friday and a home game againstsixth-ranked Duke –… Read full this story
- College basketball rankings: Texas improves to 2-0, looks strong heading into next week's clash vs. Gonzaga
- Can North Carolina Finish the Job? Or Will the Big Ten Break Through?
- Chris Paul injury update: Suns star leaves game vs. Sixers with heel soreness
- Chris Paul injury update: Suns star questionable Wednesday vs. Timberwolves with right heel soreness
- On 'SNL,' Schumer and Strong urge voters to preserve abortion rights
- Things you need to know for a great airport experience before leaving Ho Chi Minh City
- Arkansas football: LB Bumper Pool talks Razorbacks much needed bye week prior to game against Auburn
- 7 Things to Know About Cannabis and Your Health
- I’m a royal style expert – these tricks are how Kate Middleton prevents blisters, knicker lines and walks in heels
- She was a leading lesbian activist before disappearing into Northern California. A filmmaker wants to know why
- Everything you need to know about dating a Scorpio
- Auckland Marathon: What you need to know about start times, road closures, spectating
Hatchell knows Tar Heels need a strong finish have 372 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 26, 2010. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.