An Indian man died of a brain haemorrhage on Sunday after being questioned by Mumbai police over the recent bomb blasts, officials said, denying family accusations that he had been mistreated. Faiz Usmani was taken to hospital by police when he complained of feeling unwell due to hypertension. Usmani was not a suspect in the Mumbai blasts but was quizzed due to his connections with alleged Indian Islamist militants. “We hardly questioned him for an hour. There is no question of torture, we just asked him a few questions,” Mumbai police spokesman Nisar Tamboli told the NDTV news channel. “He was on medication and had not taken his medicines for three to four days.” But Usmani’s son told the Press Trust of India (PTI) news agency that the police “are to blame for his death”. “My father was picked up for questioning and pressurised during interrogation,” he said. Ryan Kumar, a doctor at the Lokmanya Tilak hospital in Mumbai, told NDTV that Usmani died of a brain haemorrhage, adding that “this usually happens when an otherwise normal person is subjected to a shock or mental disturbance”. Police said a post-mortem report would be prepared and an inquiry had been launched….
- Man behind Mangaluru bomb scare surrenders
- 2018 Electoral Bill: Cunning man die, cunning man buryam
- Man dies in Edo hotel swimming pool
- Mumbai Marathon 2020: From debutant Derara Hurisa to three-time winner Sudha Singh, here's the list of winners for this year
- Mumbai Marathon 2020: 64-year-old dies of cardiac arrest while running marathon
- 64-year-old dies of cardiac arrest while running Mumbai Marathon 2020
- 4 km into Mumbai Marathon, 64-year-old suffers cardiac arrest, dies
- ATS arrests bomb-maker wanted in failed Pune 'Sunburn' festival blast conspiracy
- Maharashtra ATS arrests man from West Bengal in connection with Nalasopara arms haul case
- Mumbai Marathon 2020: 64-years-old dies of cardiac arrest while running
- 64-year-old Runner Dies of Heart Attack at Mumbai Marathon, 2 Others Hospitalised
- Mumbai Marathon: 64-year-old runner dies of heart attack
Man dies after Mumbai bombs questioning have 315 words, post on at July 18, 2011. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.