Although the number of foreign tourist arrivals rose by 10 per cent in the first seven months of 2011, the HCM City tourism industry has been facing challenges. Deputy Director of HCM City Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism La Quoc Khanh and Nguyen Van My, director of Lua Viet Travel Company spoke with Le Hung Vong and Thuy Ha about these issues. Interview with La Quoc Khanh Could you comment on the city’s tourism industry’s achievements in 2011? In the first seven months of 2011, the tourism industry attained sustainable growth, welcoming a total of 1,856,000 foreign visitors, a year-on-year increase of 10 per cent, accounting for 55 per cent of foreign tourist arrivals in Viet Nam in the same period. Meanwhile, the number of local travellers on overseas tours rose sharply in the same period. More than 485,000 Vietnamese travellers from HCM City and southern provinces took tours to overseas destinations such as Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia and China via Tan Son Nhat Airport, up by 30 per cent compared with last year. With average room rental of US$94 per night, three-to-five-star hotels in the city attained occupancy rates of 70 per cent, a year-on-year increase of 6…
- HCM City to strengthen management at private nurseries
- Forget tourism: Pyeongchang’s legacy probably debt and anger
- Ho Chi Minh city’s leaders congratulate Netherlands’ National Day
- Sports News 4/4
- Baseball can’t rebuild Puerto Rico, but its return is a comfort after Hurricane Maria
- San Diegan builds spectacular Danzante Bay golf course in Loreto, Mexico
- NBA: Ranking Every Team’s Starting Backcourt Heading Into 2016-17
- One player from each NHL team who should be on the NHL 18 cover
- Frozen fish and money-drinking hippos: South Korea already agonizes over post-Olympic costs
- The Golden Knights are for Las Vegas, and Las Vegas only
- MLS expansion race began with 12, but will enough viable bids even emerge?
- ‘I feel lost. I feel like a child’: The complicated decline of Nick Buoniconti
HCM City tourism rises, but so do pests have 310 words, post on at September 5, 2011. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.