When it came to sports this year, the Giants and Jets had some of the best and worst to offer fans. According to a poll by the Marist College Center for Sports Communication, Big Blue’s Super Bowl win was the best sports championship of 2012, with 36% of those surveyed picking Eli Manning and company’s 21-17 come-from-behind heroics over the New England Patriots ahead of the San Francisco Giants’ World Series victory (17%), Alabama’s National Championship (13%) and the Miami Heat’s NBA title. THE DAILY NEWS’ TOP SPORTS STORIES OF 2012 As for the Jets? Gang Green can claim the dubious distinction of having sport’s most overhyped athlete – none other than Tim Tebow. The most famous backup quarterback in the history of the NFL is all hype, and it’s apparently not just Rex Ryan who thinks so. An overwhelming 46% of Americans polled singled out Tebow for being more show than substance. MOST OUTRAGEOUS ATHLETE TWEETS OF 2012 But fans also had it in for another Big Apple superstar. Alex Rodriguez was voted the second-most overhyped athlete (18%) by fans, many of whom undoubtedly witnessed A-Rod’s postseason meltdown and subsequent benching by Yankee skipper Joe Girardi during the ALCS…. Read full this story
- How ESPN Ditched Journalism And Followed Skip Bayless To The Bottom: A Tim Tebow Story
- The 11 strangest things you can actually bet on for the Super Bowl
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where all 32 teams stand going into Week 1
- The most innovative CMOs in the world — The Integrators
- The Patriots turned a castoff wide receiver who played college lacrosse into one of their most dangerous receiving weapons
- 18 of the hottest under-the-radar startups to watch in 2017
NY Giants Super Bowl win, Tim Tebow hype among ‘most notable in sports for 2012’, according to Marist poll have 272 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at December 27, 2012. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.