Lynn Shelton has come a long way since Humpday. Her 2009 comedy was fresh and lovable and earned a dramatic special jury award when it premiered at Sundance. Last year, Your Sister’s Sister screened in Park City and made less of a splash. Shelton’s new movie, Touchy Feely, marks a low point, barely registering a ripple. Rosemarie DeWitt plays Abby, a massage therapist with world-class healing hands. The clients adore her, she’s falling deeper in love with her boyfriend, and life is generally good. By contrast, her brother Paul (Josh Pais) is an uptight dentist who barely ekes out a living. Paul lives with his daughter Jenny, a lonely parcel of malaise with cartoonish eyes played by Ellen Page. It’s hard to tell whether Paul’s joyless existence rubs off on Jenny or hers on him or if they bring equal amounts of misery to the equation. The point is, they’re going nowhere while Abby is happily marching along. At least, she thought she was, until one day she fixates on her skin and freaks out. The notion of skin suddenly becomes so abhorrent to Abby that she finds her job is in fact way out of her comfort zone. At… Read full this story
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival: Opening Night, and looking ahead to the week...
- 2019 Sundance Film Festival Announces Programming with 112 Features
- Malin Akerman looks lovely in sweater dress at Sundance Film Festival opening night
- The Best of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival
- Daily Podcast: 2019 Sundance Film Festival Most Anticipated Movies – /Film
- Daily Podcast: The Best Movies From The 2019 Sundance Film Festival – /Film
- Film Review: 2017 Sundance Film Festival Short Film Tour
- 2018 Sundance Film Festival Awards: 'The Miseducation of Cameron Post', 'Burden' & More Win Prizes
- Film Review: 2016 Sundance Film Festival Short Film Tour
- The 2019 Sundance Film Festival Reveals Their 112 Movie Lineup
- Sundance Film Festival ups the ante for representation within the film industry
- With nearly 125,000 attending in 2018, Sundance Film Festival is a major economic draw, study says
Sundance film festival 2013: Touchy Feely – first look review have 322 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 22, 2013. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.