QUANG NGAI (VNS) — Two commercial sand dredging enterprises operating in Tra Khuc River causing serious erosions have been suspended following protests by affected locals this week. Hundreds of residents in Tu Nghia District’s Nghia An Commune caused general disorder and traffic jams on National Highway 1A on Sunday morning as they gathered to protest against the disruptive activities of the companies. According to the locals, intensive sand mining by Truong Phat Loc Joint Stock Company and Ngoc Viet Production, Trading and Service Co, Ltd had caused serious erosion and blocked waterways used by hundreds of local fishing vessels, undermining the safety of nearby residents. The protest was taken to the office of the district’s People’s Committee, where the leaders of provincial government and relevant authorities in central Quang Ngai Province took the grievances into consideration. After talks held with the locals on Monday the chairman of the provincial People’s Committee, Cao Khoa, said the authority now required the two enterprises to stop the dredging and to repair damage caused by resulting landslides. He also asked the relevant authorities to promptly clear out the river mouth in the next four days. Vo Thi Anh Dao, a resident in Nghia An… Read full this story
- Golden Gate Fields closed for weekend: No hot water after gas-leak repair
- 1,000-Mile Long Blob of Hot Water in Pacific Ocean Killed a Million Seabirds, New Study Finds
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp In Hot Water Again After Sharing WWII Vet’s Personal Info
- Is this the most popular job advert EVER? Over 23,000 people apply to run a coffee shop on the remote Irish island of Great Blasket - despite having 'no electricity or hot water'
- Acting White House Chief of Staff in Hot Water Over Whistleblower Complaint - Report
- Tory Candidate in Hot Water Over Tweet Branding Khan ‘Mad Mullah of Londonistan’
- Inside Blac Chyna's Restraining Orders: Alleged Threats from Rob Kardashian — & What Could Get Him in Hot Water
- Nick Kyrgios in hot water again after arguing with not one, but two umpires at Queen's
- Cinematographer Dan Laustsen On The Grit & Beauty Of ‘The Shape Of Water’
- All Tenants Facing Eviction After Landlord Fails To Pay Apartment’s Water Bill
- Hot Stuff: May romances feature royals, rogues, and re-tellings
- Hot Stuff: July romances offer 'knotty' self-discovery
Dredging firms in hot water have 375 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 2, 2013. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.