Standing starts have been eliminated from the 2015 IndyCar season, and double points will be paid for just the 99th Indianapolis 500 and the season’s final race at Sonoma Raceway on Aug. 30.Standing starts were used four times in 2014, but have been done away with as part of a series of rule changes announced by INDYCAR on Tuesday.“Most of the tracks we run on, few meet the space criteria for our cars, which are bigger than most formula cars,” said Derrick Walker, INDYCAR President of Competition. “And there is some development needed with the launch. I wouldn’t say it’s out of the picture for the future. We know the fans enjoy it, and we love it, too.”The 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook was issued to teams with a variety of changes made to the sporting and technical regulations.“The best thing the sanctioning body can provide competitors, manufacturers and fans is a stable, consistent rulebook, so most of the changes for 2015 are clarifying and tidying up definitions,” said Derrick Walker, president of competition and operations, INDYCAR. “The rulebook is continuously evolving and we always look to refine it to make the product better.”In 2014, there were three double-points races… Read full this story
- Credit Card Debt Elimination and Settlement Options
- 7 Tactics to Get a WOW When You Start a Dollar Store
- How to Start Internet Marketing For Starters - Your Chance to Earn Money Online
- Starting October, hoping for auto revival : Guenter Butschek, Tata Motors
- Applying 80-20 Rule to Real Estate Marketing
- 101 Things You Should Consider Before Starting a Membership Website
- Will 0% Apr Credit Cards Eliminate My Credit Card Debt?
- Which Acne Products Are the Best to Buy? Acne Products That Can Help Eliminate Your Acne
- Tanning Trends For Summer - The New Tanning Rules
- Body Changing Exercises to Eliminate Belly Fat
- General Rules For Educating Your Puppy
- Lima Vacation - Top Things to Do in Peru's City of Kings
IndyCar: Elimination of standing starts highlights 2015 rules package have 314 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 2, 2014. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.