The industrial semiconductor market will post a 9.7 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the next several years as revenue rises from $34.8 billion in 2013 to $55.2 billion in 2018, according to IHS, a global source of critical information and insight. Increased capital spending by companies and continued economic growth, especially in the United States and China, and will help spur demand and drive sales growth for industrial semiconductors.Based on the latest information from the Q4 2014 Industrial Semi Market Report from IHS Semiconductors and Components Service, factory automation, building and home control and commercial aircraft are driving demand for industrial semiconductors. In fact, industrial semiconductor sales posted 4.7 percent growth in the third quarter (Q3) of 2014 alone compared to the previous quarter. By the end of 2014 the market grew an estimated 16.8 percent over the previous year. Demand was especially strong for optical LEDs, which grew 23.4 percent, rising from $6.3 billion to $7.7 billion. Discrete power transistors and thyristors posted 13.4 percent growth, rising from $5.5 billion in 2013 to $6.3 billion in 2014. Industrial OEM factory revenues were expected to grow 8.3 percent in 2014 on increased sales in the building and home-control market. High-growth categories… Read full this story
- Economic Watch: China's 2020 FDI hits record high amid recovering economy
- Will Covid-19 vaccine immunise India's economy?
- Markets may witness profit-taking after 50K peak; all eyes on Budget
- Back from near-zero, India’s own internet economy stock eclipses Tesla’s mind-numbing rally
- Employment in Taiwan Gains Optimism in 2021 Driven By Growth in Sustainable Energy
- Vietnam optimistic about growth in first half of 2021
- Bright outlook for Vietnam’s economy despite Covid-19 setback
- Stock market rise might be speculative, experts warn
- China Economy Rose 6.5 Percent in Q4 Due to COVID-19 Controls, Will Surpass US by 2028, Reports Say
- Joe Biden doesn't have a magic wand to fix the economy
- Country's economy is gradually recovering, says Montek
- European Central Bank faces gloomier picture for economy
Recovering economies driving growth in the industrial semiconductor market have 299 words, post on electroiq.com at March 19, 2015. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.