QUANG NINH (VNS) — The Quang Ninh Fresh Water Company resumed water supply to 85,000 households in Ha Long and Cam Pha. Water supply to the two cities had been interrupted for a week after the record torrential rain and floods destroyed the Dien Vong water plant’s D800 water pipeline last Tuesday. The construction of a temporary 950m pipeline was completed late yesterday, a day ahead of the deadline set by the provincial People’s Committee. However, the temporary pipeline can transport only up to 70 per cent of the Dien Vong water plant’s capacity. Therefore, water will be supplied only during certain hours of the day in order to cover all locations in the two cities. Another pipeline is being constructed to replace the D800 pipeline, while water tankers are being employed to deliver water to residents. — VNS
- Locals in rural town ravaged by drought and bushfires are now told their water supply is CONTAMINATED
- Capitol Watch: Plan to rid water of toxins inches ahead
- Drought-stricken Barcaldine seeking water licence to build lake for water sports
- 'My brave little girl beat cancer but then she was killed by infected water at hospital': Heartbroken mother of 10-year-old accuses health chief of a 'cover-up'
- Need separate policy to provide potable water in areas hit by salinity: Maharashtra CM
- In Australia's drought towns, angry residents rely on charity, not government, for water
- Running on empty: Tamborine Mountain and the growing anger over water mining
- Mining for water to keep a town alive — this is Cobar's new reality
- Hot weather parches central province, residents suffer from lack of water
- U.S. Navy Secretary Visits LI To Witness Aftermath Of Ground Water Pollution
- Skin infections, rotting fish and no showers for days: Inside the town entering its THIRD month without any clean water after its dam turned toxic due to bush fire ash - and all residents can do is pray for rain
- 'It was purely for drinking': Chris Hemsworth denies claims he used private water trucks to upkeep his luscious '$1 million garden' amid drought and bushfires
Water supplies resume to Ha Long, Cam Pha have 334 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 5, 2015. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.