Spain’s Mireia Lalaguna Royo is crowned Miss World 2015. The glamorous event was held on Saturday night in the southern Chinese island resort of Sanya and it’s the first time when a Spanish contestant has won Miss World pageant.
Russia’s 22 year old Sofia Nikitchuk was the runner up while Indonesia’s Maria Harfanti, 23, came in third place. Miss Jamaica and Miss Lebanon rounded up the top five.
The 23 year old Miss World Mireia Lalaguna Royo lives in Barcelona and holds a degree in pharmacology and she has plans to pursue master’s degree in nutrition. Mireia Lalaguna defeated 113 women across the globe to take home the 2015 Miss World title and also the glitzy crown.
After winning the pageant, Mireia Lalaguna said. “Just because I am beautiful on the outside does not mean I am not beautiful on the inside.”
This year’s pageant saw some controversy too, as China did not allow Canadian contestant, Anastasia Lin, to attend the event. Lin was born in China and has been outspoken against countries religious policies. China refused her visa; therefore she could not board her flight from Hong Kong to Sanya.
Miss World is the oldest major international beauty pageant and the first one was held in Britain in 1951. China has hosted the completion seven times. Each of the contestants represents her country after winning local competition.
- Biography - Miss Universe 1977
- World Cup Cricket Has The Tendency To Attract The Whole World
- Who Will Win The Cricket World Cup?
- How To Win A Beauty Pageant - A "Miss" Reveals Her Secrets Of Success
- Spain's Flag - A Red And Yellow Beauty
- Iberian Cool - The Hip Hangouts In Spain
- Spain Travel: Year Round Events
- Buying in Spain - What is a Buyers Agent and how can they Help?
- Cosmetic Dentists Fix Teeth - Your Crowning Glory
- Follow the Europeans to Their Playground of Choice- Majorca- Spain
- The Parador of Jarandilla De La Vera, Spain
- Parador of Ubeda, Spain