The console beta for Popcap’s Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is live this weekend, giving players a tiny taste of the new maps and modes in next month’s shooter sequel. My favorite part so far? The free-roaming playground that’s replaced the first game’s menus. The original Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is pretty great. Popcap spent more than a year supplying the budget-priced game with free new content, and its (generally younger) fanbase really seem to dig it. I liked it so much I glued the case to my ceiling over a spider that may or may not be completely dead. For all of its bells and whistles and corpses and plants, Garden Warfare is sorely lacking in the presentation department. The bits of the game that weren’t actual matches are simply a series of boring menus and places to buy in-game currency to trade for stickers. Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 completely makes up for those boring screens with a feature called the Backyard Battleground. The Backyard Battleground is a free-roaming hub map, packed with all of the bits that used to be stuck in boring menus and much more. It’s split into three parts—zombie side, plants… Read full this story
- Google Maps is getting the coolest new feature since turn-by-turn directions
- The coolest new fitness trend is exercising in the cold, but does it actually work?
- How Fortnite’s Battle Pass Works
- A New Jersey Town Actually Adds Beach Parking. And It’s on the Beach.
- Over 10,000 days of life spent digging graves for New Orleans' dead
- New Jersey Emerges as a Liberal Bulwark Under Murphy
- ‘It Has to Start Somewhere’: Grass-Roots Drive to Integrate New York Schools
- New York Today: Spelling Stars of the City
- Really, 'Southern Charm New Orleans'? A swamp tour?
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: The Kotaku Review
- 25 weekend getaways every New Yorker should take
- New Zealand scientist puts legend of Loch Ness monster to the test using DNA samples
's Coolest New Addition Is The Bit Between Battles have 326 words, post on kotaku.com at January 16, 2016. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.