“Once we’re in international waters, every woman on the ship gets to make love to whoever she wants,” Sean David Morton said, with a wink. It was not entirely clear why we couldn’t have done that already, where we were, sitting immobile on the Ruby Princess, a “grand class” yacht moored in San Pedro, California, an oil refinery and port town just south of L.A. But we were making ready to sail away from our conventional ideas about laws, up to and including the laws of cause and effect. Morton is a radio host, among other things. Here he was claimed to be one of the lead organizers of Conspira Sea, the first annual sea cruise for conspiracy theorists. While the ship looped from San Pedro to Cabo San Lucas and back, some 100 of its passengers and I would be focused on uncharted waters, where nothing is as it seems. Before we docked again, two of them would end up following me around the ship, convinced I was a CIA plant. Elsewhere aboard, people’s vacations were already exuberantly underway, the cigarette-browned casino bustling. Those of us in the conspiracy group were crammed into a dim, red-carpeted conference room in… Read full this story
- Sailing the
- Sandbank picnic: a sailing adventure off the Norfolk coast – a photo essay
- Channeling Odysseus, a family goes on an epic Greek sail
- After Charlottesville: how a slew of lawsuits pin down the far right
- New study links Antarctic ice-shelf melt to global sea-level rise
- Here's what you'll find when you hit America's newest mega-mall
- Florida teens washed out to sea have prayers answered by boat named 'Amen'
- Has Britain let Putin get away with a string of murders on our soil? As another Kremlin critic dies in bizarre circumstances, HEIDI BLAKE asks if the government is turning a blind eye to keep Russian money flooding in
- The millionaire who rescues migrants at sea
- Fat Leonard’s Crimes on the High Seas
- 'Help, we're sinking': aboard a refugee rescue boat in the perilous Greek seas
- Russian reinforcements head for Syria: Warships laden with tanks, military trucks and armoured patrol boats sail towards the Middle East as the world awaits Putin's response to airstrikes
Sail (Far) Away: At Sea with America's Largest Floating Gathering of Conspiracy Theorists have 360 words, post on jezebel.com at February 25, 2016. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.