Vice President Biden officially entered the general election fray Monday, tearing into Donald Trump’s foreign policy positions in a blistering speech to a Washington think tank. In a speech to the Center for New American Security, Biden delivered a point-by-point rebuttal of Trump’s ideas on immigration and terrorism, blasting the mogul’s “politics of fear and intolerance.” “Proposals to ban Muslims from entering the United States or slandering entire religious communities as complicit in terrorism, calls into question America’s status as the greatest democracy in the history of the world,” Biden said without mentioning Trump by name. “Adopting the tactics of our enemies — using torture, threatening to kill innocent family members, indiscriminately bombing civilian populations — not only violates our values, it’s deeply damaging to our security,” Biden said. “If we build walls and disrespect our closest neighbors, we will quickly see all this progress disappear, replaced by a return of anti-Americanism and a corrosive rift throughout our hemisphere,” he added, explaining that demonizing the world’s Muslims population of 1.4 billion would actually help the Islamic State group by playing “into the very narrative of extremists.” “Why in God’s name are we giving them what they want,” he said. The… Read full this story
- Michael Avenatti Bitter After Joe Biden Ripped Off ‘Damn Good Slogan’
- Trump’s Foreign Policy Is All About Looking Tough On The Cheap
- 15 MAGA Moments for Donald Trump in 2019
- Donald Trump's presidential transition - live blog
- Donald Trump's audacious claims on North Korea are the hardest to reject
- Donald Trump says liberals want to change Thanksgiving's name, insists he's making 'everyone rich' and slams heart attack claims by bragging about his 'gorgeous chest' during wild Florida rally
- Donald Trump's divisive lawyer was once known as 'America's mayor'. What happened to Rudy Giuliani?
- 'Trump tossed dynamite into a tinderbox': Joe Biden hits out at president over strike that killed Iranian general while Bernie Sanders warns drone attack 'puts us on the path to another war'
- Donald Trump uses State of the Union to reveal dates for second meeting with Kim Jong-un
- Opinion: Why should we fall for Donald Trump's lofty State of the Union rhetoric of unity?
- President Donald Trump's reelection campaign launches website to help supporters win arguments against 'liberal snowflake' relatives during Christmas holiday
- Iowa congresswoman endorses Joe Biden's presidential bid
In blistering speech, Joe Biden rips Donald Trump on immigration, foreign policy proposals have 384 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at June 20, 2016. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.