The Mets managed to survive the first half, which is kind of impressive if you peruse their disabled list history. They have fallen an alarming six games behind the Nationals in the division but enter the second half on Friday still in position to grab that second wild-card spot. They finished the first half with the third-worst run production and batting average in baseball, but with the third-best staff ERA they have managed to stay in the mix. Considering the number of incompletes and disappointments they had in the first half, that is pretty surprising. Here are their midseason grades: 1B LUCAS DUDA/JAMES LONEY: INC Duda only played 39 games before he was sidelined by a stress fracture in his lower back, so it’s hard to give him a grade. Loney has been a solid pick up for the Mets. In 37 games, he’s hit .277 with 16 RBIs and four home runs — the total he had in 104 games last season. Neither played enough games to really grade. 2B NEIL WALKER: B A solid upgrade defensively at second for the Mets, while forming a tremendous double-play combination with Asdrubal Cabrera. He started the season on fire, but has… Read full this story
- Navjot Singh Sidhu: I uncovered truth of Punjab, my stand unchanged, says Navjot Singh Sidhu | Chandigarh News - Times of India
- ASRock Says China Crypto Demand Waning, GPU Prices Dropping: Report
- Husband's heartbreaking tribute to vet, 29, who died after car swept away in flood
- What are the latest lockdown rules? May 17 changes explained
- Goldman Sachs exec, 54, plans to 'spiritually and physically' make over Epstein's $51m townhouse before moving in
- Spain: Snow adds to misery in Madrid slum area without power
- Opt-outs, 'business decisions' and Ed Orgeron's mishandled meeting: Inside LSU's lost season
- Can critical race theory and patriotism coexist in classrooms?
- Why Uttarakhand CM's path to assembly won't be easy
- G7 leaders pledge spending plan to rival China's 'debt diplomacy' — as it happened
- Two lives were lost in the downtown crash a month ago. Were their deaths preventable?
- Why some Czechs are up in arms ova plans to drop feminised surnames
Mets Midseason Report Cards: News grades Amazin's first half have 343 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 13, 2016. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.