HÀ NỘI – Foreign investors bought Government bonds worth some US$1 billion from the local market, the Hà Nội Stock Exchange (HNX) said. Nguyễn Thị Hoàng Lan, HNX’s deputy chairwoman, said this year, long term bonds of 10 years, 20 years and 30 years had sold better. In addition, the portion of buyers of G-bonds had changed. Previously, commercial banks often accounted for 80 per cent of bond buyers, this year, however, the rate fell to 60 per cent. The buying rate of insurance companies, investment funds and foreign investors was some 1.18 per cent in 2011, which rose to 8.42 per cent in 2015. This year, with more purchases from insurers such as Prudential and AIA, the rate was some 20 per cent. According to statistics, the average transaction value in the bond market reached VNĐ5.66 trillion (US$251.56 million) per auction, an increase of over 1.5 times compared with 2015. The value traded on the bond market also accounted for over 65 per cent of the local markets of both bond and stock. Lan also said the excitement and increasing liquidity on the secondary market clearly contributed to the increase in the primary market of G-bonds. However, she said…
- Maintaining business stability a top task for foreign investors
- UPDATE 2-Saudi Arabia starts three-part bond sale to fill state coffers
- Novaland attractive to foreign investors, why?
- Interest rates are going to be volatile: What mutual fund investors can do
- UPDATE 2-Italian bonds 'encouragingly' steady as debt auction flies
- UPDATE 4-Qatar sells $10 bln bonds as it postpones project spending
- Masala bonds less palatable after rate cut
- China Focus: Commercial banks enter treasury bond futures market
- Indian bonds rally on new foreign investment category; H1 borrowing in focus
- UPDATE 1-Indian bonds rally on new foreign investment category; borrowing plan may disappoint
- Indian bonds rally on new foreign investment category; borrowing plan may disappoint
- Swift foreign outflows from India weigh on rate-cut outlook
G-bond sales to foreign investors reach $1bln have 301 words, post on at September 22, 2016. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.