UPDATE with more details: Steve Mnuchin today covered an array of topics during his confirmation hearing before the Senate Finance Committee for the job of Secretary of Treasury. The former finance director for Donald Trump 's presidential campaign, a former partner in Goldman Sachs , co-owner of OneWest Bank and who has been involved in several Hollywood films via Dune Capital Management and also Relativity Media prior to its bankruptcy, he revealed some surprising information about Relativity and the FBI through questions raised by two U.S. senators, both Democrats. Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden (Ore) — also one of the most aggressive in the questioning today — accused Mnuchin of employing "tax tricks" by setting up offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands to avoid paying taxes. "Profits from Avatar were funneled through an offshore web," said Wyden, who clearly objects to Mnuchin rising to such a high level in the government. Related Story ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Makes Surprise Appearance At Steve Mnuchin Confirmation Hearing Wyden noted that in 2014, while CEO of OneWest, Mnuchin also bought his own stake in Relativity and bought a private jet with the CEO (Ryan Kavanaugh). OneWest then pulled out $50 million from numerous accounts, harming the… Read full this story
- White House accuses China of 'Orwellian nonsense' over airline rules
- US warns China over reported missile deployment in South China Sea
- Survivors of China's far west political camps detail ordeal
- Inside Mueller’s FBI team
- Emails search could be tip of the iceberg in Morgan Communities FBI investigation
- The Constitution requires a census and State of the Union. Steve Ballmer wants to bring them up to date.
- Former CIA official charged with helping China dismantle US spy network that left ‘more than a dozen informants dead’
- Nigeria, China Sign Currency Swap Deal
- Nigeria: CBN Seals $2.5bn Currency Swap With China's Central Bank
- Royal wedding live updates: Meghan Markle arrives at Cliveden House hotel with mother Doria on eve of big day
- Africa: China's Strategy in Africa
- 'Thank the Party!' China tries to brainwash Muslims in camps
Steve Mnuchin Confirmation Hearing Topics: China, The FBI And Relativity, Cayman Island Accounts – Update have 333 words, post on deadline.com at January 19, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.