Your city is dumb. The potholed streets, coin-operated parking meters, and drafty brick buildings many of us interact with every day haven’t changed much in a century. But it’s finally happening. From Oslo to San Diego, cities across the globe are installing technology to gather data in the hopes of saving money, becoming cleaner, reducing traffic, and improving urban life. In Digital Trends’ Smart Cities series, we’ll examine how smart cities deal with everything from energy management, to disaster preparedness, to public safety, and what it all means for you. You might think of San Diego as just a laid-back beach town. But it’s a town full of marvelous, counter-intuitive trends and odd dichotomies too. It’s the second-largest metropolitan area in California, yet its citizens and government think of it as a “city of villages.” It’s the town where surfing was born, yet the city is home to as many advanced technology startups as its counterpart in Silicon Valley. It’s largely a conservative place, yet one that is more committed to a clean environment and the advancement of science than just about anywhere else in the country. It’s a city in the crosshairs of the anti-immigration movement, yet one from which… Read full this story
- 20th Annual 40 Under 40 Awards, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Sept. 23, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Sept. 10, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Sept. 5, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Aug. 30, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Sept. 12, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Sept. 18, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Your Say: How should ‘smart streetlights’ be used in San Diego?
- End of an era: Pearl Harbor survivors close San Diego chapter
- San Diegans Shouldn’t Be Lab Rats for Innovation
- ANNOUNCING TV SPECIAL PREMIERE OF “LET’S TALK HAIR”
- Porsche’s $3,100-a-month subscriptions spreading to more cities
From EV fleets to LED streetlights, San Diego is America’s premier smart city have 302 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at June 26, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.