Disconcerted by the fact that mustache wax and beard oil is now for sale in strip malls? Saddened that Mason jar cocktails can be ordered alongside Budweiser in your nearest chain restaurant? Fearful that the Walkman you carry around is no longer clearly ironically retro enough?If you are a 2017 hipster in search of the ultimate vintage, nonconformist statement, you could do a lot worse than checking out the vehicle created by a team of computer scientists at Germany’s Saarland University. Combining a two-wheeled mode of transportation that precedes the bicycle with the latest Arduino tech, they have built a modern version of the draisine or “dandy horse.”“What we have developed is a symbiosis of old and new,” Ph.D. student Gereon Fox told Digital Trends. “We took the invention that Karl Drais made in 1817: A wooden means of transportation that is propelled by pushing with your feet — and combined it with today’s electric motor support bike technology. The result is a bike that looks a bit like we stole it from a museum, but if you examine it carefully, you see all the wires and sensors, the motor, the battery, and the Raspberry Pi computer that controls the… Read full this story
- When dreams come true
- Aid organisation makes dreams come true for disabled youth
- Idol producer makes dreams come true
- Nation's long-awaited dream come true
- Capital art show makes kids' dreams come true
- Countryside girl's dream comes true
- After 49-year wait, a dream comes true
- Blind girl’s efforts to follow university dream comes true
- Spain erupts in nationwide fiesta as "dream comes true"
- 10-year long dream comes true
- Dreams come true
- Cherished separation dreams come true
This 19th-century ‘dandy horse’ throwback bike is a hipster’s dream come true have 272 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at June 8, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.