Disconcerted by the fact that mustache wax and beard oil is now for sale in strip malls? Saddened that Mason jar cocktails can be ordered alongside Budweiser in your nearest chain restaurant? Fearful that the Walkman you carry around is no longer clearly ironically retro enough?If you are a 2017 hipster in search of the ultimate vintage, nonconformist statement, you could do a lot worse than checking out the vehicle created by a team of computer scientists at Germany’s Saarland University. Combining a two-wheeled mode of transportation that precedes the bicycle with the latest Arduino tech, they have built a modern version of the draisine or “dandy horse.”“What we have developed is a symbiosis of old and new,” Ph.D. student Gereon Fox told Digital Trends. “We took the invention that Karl Drais made in 1817: A wooden means of transportation that is propelled by pushing with your feet — and combined it with today’s electric motor support bike technology. The result is a bike that looks a bit like we stole it from a museum, but if you examine it carefully, you see all the wires and sensors, the motor, the battery, and the Raspberry Pi computer that controls the… Read full this story
- Her father’s dream come true
- How Aga & Bea made Paul’s dream come true
- Mbappe savours 'dream come true' as France reach World Cup last 16
- Football: Guardiola says managing in England is 'dream come true'
- Pacquiao at Oxford: Dreams come true
- Istana visit a 'dream come true' for elderly
- The AAA Summit: Dream come true
- Feature: Brother runs mini library to make slain sister's dream come true
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson unveils his own tequila brand Teremana Tequila: 'This blessing is truly a dream come true'
- A dream come true for Stella Abrera, a dance event of a lifetime for Sofia Elizalde
- Baby & kids make their provincemates’ dream come true
- Being on History a dream come true
This 19th-century ‘dandy horse’ throwback bike is a hipster’s dream come true have 316 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at June 8, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.