KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Tennessee has plenty of new faces chasing the same old goal that has eluded the Volunteers for a decade. The Vols are chasing Southeastern Conference Eastern Division title that has eluded them since 2007. Tennessee hasn’t won the SEC since its 1998 national championship. Tennessee went hungry again last year despite being picked to win the East and opening the season ranked ninth. There’s more skepticism surrounding Tennessee this year. In a preseason poll of SEC media , Tennessee was picked to finish third in the East, behind Georgia and Florida. That’s just fine with the Vols. ”I prefer to be the underdog,” defensive end Darrell Taylor said. ”I’ve always been an underdog my whole life. I’m ready to eat. We’re all ready to eat.” Tennessee coach Butch Jones overhauled his coaching staff after the Vols followed up a 5-0 start last year by splitting their final eight games. Jones is now working for a new athletic director , John Currie, who didn’t hire him but has expressed his support for the coach entering his fifth season. Jones also must select a new quarterback now that Joshua Dobbs has departed after starting 35 games over the last… Read full this story
- Bills close in on clinching 1st AFC East title in 25 years
- Rabalais: Do Texas, Oklahoma want to join the SEC? As Jimbo Fisher said, 'I bet they would'
- Oklahoma And Texas To SEC Should Have Georgia Bulldogs Barking Their Disapproval
- Stanford Wins N.C.A.A. Women’s Basketball Title for First Time in 29 Years
- Former Texas A&M official: Texas, Oklahoma joining SEC would break 'gentlemen's agreement' among league schools
- Texas, Oklahoma reportedly reach out to SEC about joining - NBC Sports College Football
- Hey SEC, thanks for the invite, but just know we'll never chant S-E-C
- 76ers Take Tennessee Guard Jaden Springer With 28th Pick Of Draft
- Parts of Middle East at breaking point with power cuts and water supplies running out
- 2021 MLB Trade Deadline: Someone Has To Win The NL East ... Right?
- Great Yarmouth and East Suffolk launch UK City of Culture bid to boost local economy
- How LSU went from swept at Tennessee to super regional rematch as 'completely different team’
Tennessee still trying to end SEC East title drought have 363 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 10, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.