On Wednesday, Vice President Mike Pence addressed the United Nations Security Council, and called for a complete reformation, including changes to the Human Rights Council’s membership recruitment policies, and an end to the anti-Semitism that infects their resolutions. Pence began, “The United Nations is bound by its charter to foster ‘international cooperation in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all.’ That was the purpose under which the U.N. Human Rights Council was formed. But the truth is, the Human Rights Council doesn’t deserve its name.” The Vice President then called out the HRC for recruiting brutal regimes. “Today, the United Nations Human Rights Council actually attracts and welcomes many of the worst human rights violators in the world. A clear majority of the Human Rights Council’s members fail to meet even the most basic human rights standards.” Pence continued, “Cuba sits on the Human Rights Council, an oppressive regime that has repressed its people and jailed political opponents for more than half a century. Venezuela sits on the Human Rights Council, a dictatorship that undermines democracy at every turn, imprisons political opponents, and as we speak is advancing policies that worsen deprivation and poverty… Read full this story
- Biden administration announces plans to rejoin UN human rights council
- Joe Biden to Officially Rejoin U.N. Human Rights Council
- U.S. Set to Reverse Trump Move and Rejoin China, Russia at U.N. Human Rights Council
- U.S. pulls out of United Nations Human Rights Council
- U.S. Talks With North Korea: Mike Pence Signals Change of White House Strategy
- ‘Trying To Keep Socialism & Communism Away’: VP Mike Pence Stumps For President At Miami Rally
- ‘Prince of Darkness’ Peter Mandelson Said China Will Prove Human Rights Critics Wrong: Claim
- Commentary: Lecturing Aung San Suu Kyi on press freedom wasn’t Pence’s best moment
- Pence declined invitation to attend CPAC: reports
- PIERS MORGAN: Trump the Terrible deserves to be dumped from the presidency AND from Twitter - but why don't our social media masters have the guts to ban Iran and China's genocidal monsters too?
- Artemis, Orion and the quest to get humans to the moon again
- Exclusive — Mike Pompeo: Conservatives Want a President ‘Who’s Willing to Break Glass When That’s What’s Required’
Mike Pence To The U.N.: ‘The Human Rights Council Doesn’t Deserve Its Name.’ have 377 words, post on www.dailywire.com at September 21, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.