The Mercedes-AMG A 45 has been the go-to hot hatch for the well-heeled, but increasing competition from newer high-power, all-wheel drive pocket rockets has pushed Affalterbach to revamp its smallest model in order to stay on top. Spyshots show a fairly menacing-looking machine, the standard A-Class body hunkered down onto a wider track, a lower ride height and larger seven-spoke alloys. At the rear, one can easily spot the small twin exhaust exits that poke out of a hacksawed rear valance, although the production version should receive larger quad tailpipes integrated into the diffuser, as with the current model. Built on a new Modular Front Architecture (MFA2) platform, the next A 45 will likely utilise the same M133 2.0 litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine as the outgoing car, albeit boosted to over 400 hp in order to take the power crown away from the new Audi RS3. The 4Matic all-wheel drive system and seven-speed dual-clutch transmission should also be retained. The new A 45 may not be the only performance variant of the next-gen A-Class – reports suggest that a halfway-house A 40 variant will also be offered, rivalling the Audi S3 and featuring between 340 and 350 hp. Spy-Shots of… Read full this story
- Mercedes-AMG Unveils A45 And CLA45 'Edition 55'
- Mercedes-AMG G63 Edition 55 Debuts To Mark 55 Years Of AMG
- BMW M240i Faces Audi RS3 And AMG A45 S In Another Drag Race
- New Mercedes-AMG GT Spy Shots Capture Coupe With Plug-In Powertrain
- 2023 Mercedes-AMG C43 Revealed With Turbo 2.0-Liter Making 402 HP
- Mercedes-Benz Commences Production Of New 2022 C-Class In India: First Unit Rolls Out Of The Plant
- 2023 Mercedes GLC Spied With Minimal Camo In Nearly 30 Images
- Mercedes-Benz Vision AMG EV Concept Teased Ahead Of Debut This Month
- Mercedes To Stay In F1 Despite Shifting Focus To Electric Road Cars
- AMG C43 Replacement Spied With Two Of Its Cylinders Missing
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Night Edition breaks cover, gets dark highlights
- Land Rover Defender SVR spied lapping the Nurburgring on three wheels
SPIED: 2018 Mercedes-AMG A45 looks ready to rumble have 311 words, post on paultan.org at September 27, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.