BULAWAYO, Zimbabwe (AP) Hamilton Masakadza’s unbeaten century for Zimbabwe kept West Indies at bay on a rain-affected Day 1 of the second test on Sunday. Opener Masakadza was 101 not out, and had rescued Zimbabwe from 14-3 and taken it to 169-4, when rain cut short the opening day at Queens Sports Club. Masakadza, the 34-year-old veteran, made use of a couple of lives to record just a fifth test century in his 16-year career. It rolled back the years for Masakadza, who made his first century against West Indies on debut at the age of 17. At the time, he was the youngest player ever to make a century on test debut. Masakadza put on 142 for the fourth wicket with PJ Moor (52) on Sunday after quicks Kemar Roach (2-24) and Shannon Gabriel (1-37) made light of Zimbabwe’s top order. West Indies won the first test and pushed hard for early control of the second under gray skies. Roach had Solomon Mire caught behind for 4, Gabriel bowled Craig Ervine for a duck – snapping middle stump in half in the process – and Roach forced Brendan Taylor to play on for 1. Masakadza propped up Zimbabwe, but… Read full this story
- Summer cinema: 'FJI' previews the season's movie offerings, from blockbusters to indies
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- 7 awesome SF Bay Area things to do this weekend, July 27-29
- 10 Beaches That Keep the Winter Blues Away
- Distributor report cards: Mini-majors, specialty divisions and indies
- Sundance 2018 Announces Indie Episodic, Shorts and Special Event Selections
- Why do so many Americans adore Michelle Obama? She keeps it real (even at a funeral).
- The Old West Goes Farther West — To Java — In Genre Mashup 'Buffalo Boys'
- Traveling With Jo-Ann Mapson: A 21st Century Western Writer
- Boutique Series by Kosmopolito Debuts in China with Yue @ Century Park in Shanghai
- GHANA – Day trip from Takoradi to 5 lesser known slave forts
- Skipper Virat Kohli's praise icing on cake for Hanuma Vihari
Masakadza’s unbeaten century keeps West Indies at bay have 320 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 29, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.