George Papadopoulos, a foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, pleaded guilty this month to making false statements to FBI agents about his correspondence with Russian nationals and attempts to arrange a meeting between the campaign and Russian officials. Interested in Russia Investigation? Add Russia Investigation as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Russia Investigation news, video, and analysis from ABC News. Russia Investigation Add Interest News of the plea came Monday morning, shortly after Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, and Manafort’s longtime business associate Rick Gates were indicted on charges including conspiracy against the United States, money laundering and working as unregistered foreign agents. More details emerge Papadopoulos admitted to making false statements and material omissions in January to investigators probing interference in the 2016 presidential election, in relation to his contacts with a London-based professor with ties to the Russian government. As outlined in the the statement of the offense filing, Papadopoulos met with the professor, who put him in contact with a woman who he believed was a relative of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s. Papadopoulos later told Trump that he might be able to arrange for him to meet with Putin…. Read full this story
- Former senior Treasury worker pleads guilty to leaking secrets to a reporter about the Mueller investigation and probes into Paul Manafort, Rick Gates and Russian agent Maria Butina
- 'Debunked Conspiracy Theory': William Barr's Trump Campaign 'Spying' Claim Blasted by Democrats as Republicans Cheer
- Trump ex-adviser Flynn seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Ex-tennis club chief, 62, pleads guilty to part in college admissions scandal after brokering bribes to help wealthy kids rig entrance exams and arranging payoffs for three students to be 'recruited athletes'
- Trump campaign fires pollsters after leaked numbers show him trailing Biden
- Trump campaign says it won't grant press credentials to Bloomberg reporters
- Exclusive: Trump Campaign Names Kimberly Guilfoyle National Finance Chair of Trump Victory Finance Committee
- Another Protester Beaten, Trump Campaign Manager Involved in Scuffle at Arizona Rally
- Donald Trump's ex-NSA Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying in Russia probe
- Ex-U.S. Treasury employee pleads guilty to leaks linked to Russia probe
- Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI
- Ex-Trump campaign official Gates sentenced to 45 days in jail
Trump campaign adviser pleads guilty to misleading investigators about Russia contacts; Manafort indicted on conspiracy have 368 words, post on abcnews.go.com at October 30, 2017. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.