BRADFORD is to get a station on the Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) line, it has been confirmed today. Transport for the North (TfN) has, for the first time, outlined its vision for NPR, a rail network between the North of England’s six biggest cities and other economic centres. NPR, which would see a new railway line linking Leeds with Manchester via Bradford as well as much faster connections between Leeds and Sheffield, Newcastle and Hull, would mean that an extra 46 per cent of the population, more than 1.4 million residents, would be able to access three major cities within 90 minutes from home. The announcement will delight campaigners, who have previously said bringing high-speed rail to Bradford city centre would boost the local economy by £1.3bn, improve journey times and increase capacity on the railway network. It is not yet clear whether the new station will be in the city centre or at an out-of-town parkway location. Map of the new route, showing Bradford on a new stretch of high-speed line (in lime green). Councillor Susan Hinchcliffe, Bradford Council leader, said she was pleased with the announcement but the station’s location was the next aspect to be clarified. She… Read full this story
- HS2 row: The true cost of doomed high-speed rail per household REVEALED
- China unveils 'world's fastest' high-speed train capable of travelling more than 370 miles per hour
- Brown's cap-and-trade deal could eventually kill high-speed rail
- High-Speed Rail Authority readies action plan
- Is California high speed rail still a 'train to nowhere'?
- Sledding Athletes Are Taking Their Lives. Did Brain-Rattling Rides and High-Speed Crashes Damage Their Brains?
- HS2 backlash: Boris Johnson faces Tory rebellion over ‘catastrophic’ rail plan
- Boris Johnson revives £20bn plan for Scotland to Northern Ireland bridge
- If we cancel HS2 now, Britain would waste a decade of work to revive regional rail networks
- Railway Budget: Rail Budget to focus on safety, infra development
- Hydrogen revolution means the end of the line for diesel trains in rural beauty spots
- HS2 cost: FIVE reasons HS2 costs so much - £106bn predicted spend on new rail route
ALL ABOARD: Bradford set to get station on high speed Northern Powerhouse Rail line have 339 words, post on www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk at January 16, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.