0 Comments Prepare for the worst: Northern Ireland weather warnings upgraded and extended until weekend BelfastTelegraph.co.uk The Met Office has upgraded its snow and ice warning for Northern Ireland urging people to prepare for the worst. The meteorologist has also issued further yellow warnings for snow and ice until the weekend. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/prepare-for-the-worst-northern-ireland-weather-warnings-upgraded-and-extended-until-weekend-36493672.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article36493711.ece/810a2/AUTOCROP/h342/WEATHER%20C%2048.jpg Email The Met Office has upgraded its snow and ice warning for Northern Ireland urging people to prepare for the worst. The meteorologist has also issued further yellow warnings for snow and ice until the weekend. An amber alert is now in place from 3pm on Tuesday until 8am on Wednesday. Weather caused disruption on Tuesday morning as the snow descended. The ambulance service said by 10.30am there was 10 crashes because of the treacherous driving conditions. Amber means there is an increased likelihood of bad weather which could potentially disrupt plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the “potential risk to life and property”. “Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather,” the Met office said. Heavy, squally showers of snow will… Read full this story
- The EU is privately telling European countries to prepare their airports for a no-deal Brexit
- Ireland Admits It Will Need Emergency Aid to Survive ‘No Deal’ Brexit
- Worst Heat of 2019 Seizes Tri-State; NYC Declares Emergency
- Theresa May Writes ‘Letter to the Nation’ Begging Support for ‘Worst Deal in History’
- The Polar Vortex Is Collapsing — Here's What That Means for Your Winter Weather
- Smoke advisory issued: Air quality experts advise people to stay vigilant through Labor Day weekend
- Sunday's Winter Storm Expected to Drop Significant, Heavy Snow; Winter Storm Warnings Issued for Most of Tri-State
- Gov. Rick Scott Warns: Hurricane Michael ‘Worst Storm’ Panhandle Has Seen in 100 Years
- Brexit Secretary Warns EU: ‘We Will Not Crawl on Our Hands and Knees for a Deal’
- The Latest: 5.4M people under hurricane watches, warnings
- Heat relief to come at expense of dangerous weather in U.S.
- Death toll in Northern California wildfire climbs to 23
Prepare for the worst: Northern Ireland weather warnings upgraded and extended until weekend have 368 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at January 16, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.