Parisians and those living around the capital have been warned to expect more travel disruption on Friday, with further snow forecast to hit the region. There could be up to as much as 10cm in local areas. More snow is on the way for northern France and the Paris region, where transport ground to a halt this week after 15cm fell overnight on Tuesday. The forecast has prompted police in Paris to warn drivers not to take their cars on Friday. That’s the fourth day running that motorists in the Île-de-France region have been urged not to get behind the wheel by authorities, in order to avoid the kind of traffic chaos that led to a record number of traffic jams on Tuesday evening as the snow fell. “Motorists who take their cars on Friday morning, despite the presence of ice and the forecast of more snow must realise there is a risk they won’t be able to use their cars to return in the afternoon or evening,” said the police. According to the police department a new front heading in from the west will bring snow showers during the morning. The front will bring rain to Brittany and Western… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast – Britain braced for SNOW as dramatic chart shows where icy blast will hit
- France braces for 'Black Friday' doctors strike
- UK weather and snow forecast – Brits face coldest night of winter TONIGHT as -16C snow bomb sparks more travel chaos
- Friday the 13th coincidence: Up to a foot of snow in mid-April?
- Exasperated New Englanders brace for weekend snowstorm that could bring a foot or more of snow
- UK weather charts show SNOW BOMB to hit Britain tomorrow sparking travel chaos and power cuts
- UK weather forecast – maps show SNOW BOMB to hit Britain TOMORROW sparking travel chaos and power cuts
- France fears three new cases of deadly virus
- Winter Storm Petra has 220 MILLION people braced for massive snowfall across 60 per cent of US
- Paris riots – French police pepper spray ‘yellow vest’ protesters as violent clashes break out in capital for FIFTH week
- Japan Braces For Powerful Typhoon Hagibis
- VOIP over Wimax takes to the airwaves in France
Northern France and Paris region braced for up to 10cm more snow on Friday have 358 words, post on www.thelocal.fr at February 8, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.