Blisters are usually not a big deal. But that wasn’t the case for one 26-year-old Houston-based daycare teacher. Raul Reyes hurt his foot at work and thought it was swollen because of the injury, his wife Joseline Reyes told the Houston Chronicle. But after a few days, the swelling didn’t go away and a nasty blister formed. Advertisement – Continue Reading Below “He woke up the next day and so he went to the clinic, where they told him to get to the emergency room immediately,” Joseline told the Houston Chronicle. Doctors told Raul that his blister was actually a flesh-eating bacteria—and that they’d have to amputate to stop it from spreading through his bloodstream and potentially killing him. Flesh-eating bacteria, a.k.a. necrotizing fasciitis, can be caused by multiple types of bacteria, including A Streptococcus (group A strep), Klebsiella, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Aeromonas hydrophila, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Doctors believe Raul contracted the infection through an open wound caused by an ingrown toenail, the Houston Chronicle reports. Advertisement – Continue Reading Below Before you start eyeing that blister on your heel, you should know that necrotizing fasciitis is pretty rare: Since 2010, approximately… Read full this story
- Woman scratched by 'spiteful' cat develops flesh-eating bacteria, nearly dies
- 'Illegal Alien' Detained at US Border Had Deadly FLESH-EATING Bacteria - Reports
- Man claims wife died from flesh-eating bacteria after undergoing plastic surgery
- Diabetes Drug Can Cause Flesh-Eating Genital Infection, New Study Reveals
- Grandmother-of-five, 65, is left fighting for her life in a coma and in need of eight operations to combat deadly flesh-eating virus she got when her Siamese cat SCRATCHED her
- Meet Rev. Andy Bales — The Man Who Lost A Leg Serving The Victims Of LA’s Homeless Crisis
- 13 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Tongue Blisters
- 10 Foods Not To Eat Past Their Expiry Date
- 16 Impressive Facts and Benefits of Eating Curd Every Day
- Top 10 Foods That Can Turn Toxic When Cooked
- Controversial injections of bacteria such as salmonella and listeria could fight cancer by 'rallying up' tumour-fighting cells, scientists claim
- Benefits Of Eating In Silver Vessels!
Man's Blister Turns Out To Be A Flesh-Eating Bacteria have 347 words, post on www.womenshealthmag.com at March 5, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.