The face that enrages the right. On Friday night, a day after apologizing for taunting school shooting survivor David Hogg about his college rejections, Fox News host Laura Ingraham announced that she would be taking a week off for what the network called a “preplanned vacation,” as sponsors continue to flee her show. Ingraham’s swift retreat is just the latest sign that, six weeks after the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the gun reform movement is winning the cultural battle that must precede any sweeping political change. Why They March: Four Best Friends From Parkland Explain Why The March Matters to Them Almost immediately after the shooting on February 14 (as with so many events during the Trump era, it feels much longer ago than that), it was obvious that the preternaturally poised survivors who have since become familiar media presences — Emma González, Hogg, Cameron Kasky, and others — would present a unique challenge to gun-rights champions, who in the past could count on the country to move on from a school shooting soon after the initial mourning period. As the media-savvy students blanketed the airwaves with their eminently reasonable arguments, the big questions were whether the… Read full this story
- Fight the culture wars, Boris, and you could win the next General Election
- ‘Guerrilla Fighters In A Hostile Environment’: Matt Walsh On What It Takes To Win The Culture War | The Daily Wire
- Charlie Sheen, Denise Richards in war of words as daughter joins OnlyFans
- KPop stans at war with "New Yorker' writer over Jonghyun reference
- Brandi Passante steals Barry Weiss' thunder in the Season 13 opener of "Storage Wars"
- 'Game of Thrones' Gears Up for the Wars Still to Come
- Lord of War
- What's Your Best Star Wars Memory?
- Opinion: 'Heartstopper' is the queer teen love story I didn't know I needed
- Are the Star Wars prequels actually good? | Digital Trends
- Alan Ladd Jr, Oscar-winning producer who championed Star Wars when no one else would touch it – obituary
- Ukraine-Russia war latest: Putin’s troops outnumbered by Ukraine ‘who can mobilise 1M men’ as sick war reaches 100 days
The Parkland Teens Are Winning the Culture War have 342 words, post on nymag.com at March 31, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.