By Jon Wilner | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: April 19, 2018 at 7:22 am | UPDATED: April 19, 2018 at 1:11 pm Let’s begin our analysis of Pac-12 non-conference games with a few words about Pac-12 non-conference non-games — the future matchups that were once under contract but no longer exist. Scroll down and you’ll find approximately 180 games listed: Three non-conferences dates per year, for five years, for 12 teams. (It’s more like 170 because of some openings.) Cancellations helped shape the schedules in two notable instances: * UCLA was left with openings in ’20 and ’21 after Rutgers abruptly backed out of a home-and-home series a few months ago. The Bruins are scrambling to fill the slots with FBS opponents; they have never played an FCS team and don’t plan to. But 2021 is coming quick, and most teams are booked. * Oregon has a delicious opener in 2019, against Auburn at AT&T Stadium. That duel came about only because Texas A&M backed out of a series after switching to the SEC. The cancellation left the Ducks with openings in ’18 and ’19. They couldn’t find a Power Five opponent to visit Eugene this fall… Read full this story
- Pac-12 opener at Arizona a huge opportunity for CU Buffs
- Pac-12 football: On-field slump, upcoming media rights negotiations make 2021 a year like no other
- Saturday Night Five: Pac-12 goes quietly into the night, Oregon’s clunker, USC’s huge recruit and more
- Pac-12 basketball power ratings: UCLA on top, Oregon lurking as conference play ramps up
- Pac-12 power ratings: UCLA loses star guard Chris Smith and a new frontrunner emerges
- UL's new 11-game fall football schedule filled with many layers to consider
- Arizona takes care of Buffaloes in Pac-12 quarterfinals
- COVID rules lead Stanford, San Jose State to cancel women’s basketball games
- Keeler: McKinley Wright’s got a chip on his shoulder. And he’s got CU Buffs dancing one step closer to the NCAA Tournament.
- Grading the Week: The time is now for College Football Playoff expansion
- Looking ahead to Arizona football's conference play
- SEC sets its single season record for most Top 25 bowl game wins
Grading the Pac-12 non-conference football schedules: We’ve got every game for each team for five years have 342 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at April 19, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.