New Delhi (Sputnik) — The Indian Air Force (IAF) has once again denied reports that it is interested in procuring Lockheed Martin’s F-35 fighter jets. IAF chief B. S. Dhanoa has categorically rubbished such reports in a section of the Indian media. “There is not talk on F-35. The Indian Air Force has not evinced interest and not talked to anyone. It is incorrect to report that we are interested in F-35,” Air Chief Marshal B. S. Dhanoa said at a program organized by a think tank in New Delhi on Thursday evening. READ MORE: Moscow Has a Secret Weapon in the Russian-US Rumble for the Indian Arms Market When asked about the prospects of the Indo-Russia Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) project, which is pending since over a decade, the air force chief said that the decision is with the Indian government. “FGFA decision is with the government and that is classified,” Air Chief Marchal Dhanoa said. © CC0Indian Air Force Denies Interest in American F-35 Fighter JetsLast week, the Indian Daily Business Standard reported that India’s National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Defense Secretary Sanjay Mitra in February this year had asked the Russians to proceed alone with developing the FGFA. “India might possibly join the project later, or buy the fully developed fighter outright, after it entered service with the Russian Air Force,”… Read full this story
- German Air Force chief, Estonian prime minister visit Ämari Air Base
- Forget F-35s: Turkey's Air Force Has a Big Problem
- Abhinandan Varthaman, who shot down Pak's F-16, flies fighter jet at Air Force Day Parade
- Why It Took 2 Years for the U.S. Air Force to Start Beating the Nazis
- US Air Force Conducts Rapid F-35A Drills in Utah (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Israel Grows Stealth Arsenal With More F-35 Fighter Jets
- RAF F-35 fighter jets in North Sea exercise with US and French allies
- WATCH China Take Its Brand New Su-35 Fighters for Top Gun-Style Test Flight
- Belgian Air Force on NATO air policing mission intercepts Russian fighters
- British Navy and Air Force Face Off in Dispute Over New F-35 Jets – Reports
- Air Force Academy may have underreported sexual assaults to Congress
- Air Force football tries to move on from Navy loss, 'can't let them beat us twice'
We Are 'Not Interested' in US F-35 Fighters - Indian Air Force Chief have 371 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.