As the three latest NFL and college members of the Pacific Northwest Football Hall of Fame talked about their careers during an induction luncheon Thursday, a theme began to emerge. Former Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, former Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck and former UW running back Napoleon Kaufman each told a tale of a rocky introduction to Seattle before breaking through and experiencing the kind of success that will have them tied to the city’s sports history forever. “Everytime I come here, it’s still home,’’ said Kaufman, who left UW as the school’s career-rushing leader when his career ended in 1994 and currently lives in the Bay Area, where he is a pastor and high school coach. Kaufman, Hasselbeck and Holmgren were also joined in the 2018 Hall of Fame class by legendary Snohomish High coach Dick Armstrong, former semi-pro star Jerry Bisset and former Seahawks owner John Nordstrom. All were inducted during a luncheon at the West Club Lounge at CenturyLink Field. It is the 29th year of the PNW Hall of Fame. Kaufman, who attended high school in Lompoc, Calif., spoke first and recalled taking his recruiting visit to Seattle on an unusually sunny December day, only to be… Read full this story
- Meet the Kitsap Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2019
- Former FAMU coach Joe Taylor to be enshrined in College Football Hall of Fame
- Hewitt, Mantz headline Hillsborough Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2019 inductees
- NFL: Immokalee's Edgerrin James once again a finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame
- NFL: Immokalee's Edgerrin James not elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Tim Lelito, Addis Habtewold highlight St. Clair Hall of Fame class
- Couch: Lorenzo White belongs in the College Football Hall of Fame – or else ...
- Vince Young, Rocket Ismail highlight Hall of Fame class
- VT Sports Hall of Fame announces 2018 inductees
- On N.F.L. Awards Night, a Young M.V.P. Named Mahomes and 8 New Hall of Famers
- Five state championship teams highlight year’s top prep stories
- Alan Trammell and Jack Morris' entrance into Hall of Fame leaves chills
Hasselbeck, Holmgren, Kaufman highlight Pacific Northwest Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2018 have 336 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at May 30, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.