Neymar scored for Brazil in a match against Costa Rica in added time. © AFP Neymar received the support of his Brazil teammate Fagner on Sunday after his tears at the end of their World Cup win over Costa Rica and subsequent criticism at home. The world’s most expensive player scored the second goal in the 2-0 victory over Costa Rica in Saint Petersburg on Friday that edged Tite’s side closer to qualifying for the last 16. “Not everybody knows what I went through to get here,” Neymar said in an Instagram post after the match. “My tears were of happiness, overcoming, because of my determination and will to win. “In my life things have never been easy, so why would they be now?”But he has come in for criticism for his behaviour during the game at what he perceived to be rough treatment from the opposition, as well for breaking down in tears at full-time.”Every player is a human being so has feelings and is entitled to feel upset,” said Fagner at the Brazil team’s training base in the Black Sea resort of Sochi.”I believe the whole squad is with him and will support him. He is experienced and… Read full this story
- Hockey Women's World Cup: India to take on Italy in crucial crossover match - where to watch
- Ronaldo: The mystery of the 1998 World Cup final, and why Brazil's star striker barely turned up
- 1966 World Cup: how apathy turned to joy in England’s golden summer
- Diving is just like ball tampering, so don’t let World Cup cheats prosper
- What will Harry Kane do if fiancée Katie Goodland goes into labour during World Cup?
- What Team India must do to be World Cup champs
- German World Cup winner André Schürrle retires at 29
- Mohammed Shami says players miss MS Dhoni on and off the field
- Ian Poulter: Why the Ryder Cup is like a drug
- Johnny Depp wrote 'I love you' in blood after severing his finger while attacking ME, says Amber Heard: Actor 'pushed his wife into a ping pong table, tore off her night gown, and choked her against refrigerator while filming Pirates of The Caribbean'
- Jofra Archer put his England cricket teammates at risk by taking 100-mile detour to 'go and see his girlfriend' - before being kicked out of Test match squad for breaking Covid-19 protocols
- One year on: How the Silver Ferns stunned the netball world in Liverpool
World Cup 2018: Neymar 'Entitled To Feel Upset', Says Brazil Teammate Fagner have 404 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at June 25, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.