Health HIV AIDS AIDS Scientists could be one step closer to developing a vaccine for HIV, after a jab triggered an immune responses in humans and protected monkeys from the virus. In the near four decades since the start of the Aids crisis, this is only the fifth experimental vaccine that has progressed to a stage where it can be tested on humans. Dr. Dan Barouch, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and author of the study, told Newsweek he is “cautiously optimistic” about the results, but stressed there are many obstacles to overcome before a vaccine is rolled out for humans. A vaccine is a vital weapon in the war against the virus, which infects an 1.8 million people each year. Currently, around 37 million people are living with HIV/Aids across the world: levels that amount to a pandemic. Recommended Slideshows 51 50 Healthy Foods That Are Secretly Unhealthy 51 50 Facts About the Human Body You Probably Didn’t Know 51 Is It Dangerous to Wake Up a Sleepwalker? 50 Health Myths You Should Stop Believing Researchers must overcome unprecedented hurdles to create a HIV vaccine. Getty Images HIV-1 is the most common form of the virus, while HIV-2 is relatively uncommon… Read full this story
- The 'Holy Grail' of Safe Opioids Might Be One Step Closer to Reality
- Experimental AIDS vaccine works best in first year, protects those least at risk: report
- AIDS vaccine breakthrough: Scientists find antibodies that kill 91% of HIV virus strains
- ONCE-BLEEK OUTLOOK SHINING WITH HOPE. A VACCINE FOR KILLER IS ELUSIVE
- Scientists advance toward cancer ‘vaccine’
- Can the once unpopular female condom become effective tool against HIV?
- The Main Ingredient in Psychedelic Mushrooms Is Closer to Becoming an FDA-Approved Depression Treatment
- Celebs, stop taking poisonous shots at vaccines
- THE SCOURGE THAT SHOOK THE WORLD. 25 yrs. of HIV peril, hope
- How new cancer 'vaccine' fights tumors throughout the body
- What it took to change one mom's mind about refusing vaccines
- Type 1 diabetes vaccine clears first hurdle
HIV Vaccine One Step Closer According to Harvard Study have 317 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.