‘What Vietnam says and does will influence what happens across the region’ Marshall Islands President Hilda Heine has asserted that Vietnam, as a founding member of the Climate Vulnerable Forum (CVF), plays a strategic part in the bloc, a global partnership of countries disproportionately affected by the consequences of global warming. Heine made the statement in an exclusive interview with Tuoi Tre News on the sidelines of the week-long sixth meeting of the Global Environment Facility Assembly (GEF 6) in the central Vietnamese city of Da Nang on Wednesday. The leader of the Oceanian country also held talks with Vietnam’s Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc earlier the same day, as part of her agenda in Da Nang. Heine announced on Wednesday that the CVF is slated to hold a first-ever online summit between leaders of its 48 member countries in November to build increased support for the safeguard of those most vulnerable to growing climate change dangers. The government-level conference will be held entirely online as a first ‘virtual summit’ of global political leaders to promote inclusive dialogue, while also contributing to eliminating emissions as there is no need for cross-continent travel, according to the Marshall Islands leader. Why is the summit significant for countries vulnerable… Read full this story
- Pacific Islands urge unity in face of China ambition
- PHIST, Southeast Asia’s biggest and best sustainable tourism forum is back as a live, in-person event!
- Malware and Ransomware attacks increased by 358 per cent and 435 per cent respectively: The Global Risks Report 2022
- Trees Are Overrated
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on Sept. 4, 2022
- Success Without Victory
- Where does the Ukraine war stand after six months?
- Meet The Leaders & Businesses Who Are Inspiring To Change The World
- Turkish, Greek tension places pressure on NATO alliance
- Democrats Should Campaign as the ‘Party of Effective Government—and Democracy’
- Ukraine: Iran and Turkey hold ace card over Putin's shock plot for Russia EXODUS
- 75 Pop and Jazz Albums, Shows and Festivals Coming This Fall
Vietnam plays strategic role in Climate Vulnerable Forum: Marshall Islands president have 323 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 20, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.