Murder, rape, burglary, drug dealing, child abuse and blackmail – just some of the horrific crimes committed in Cambridgeshire so far this year. Victims have endured violence, sexual abuse, intimidation at the hands of these callous criminals. Thanks to the efforts of the region’s police officers, the 66 people listed people will spend months and years behind bars. Cambridgeshire Live has looked on our court and crime reporting from the past six months to detail some of Cambridgeshire most shocking crimes and the sentences handed out by judges. January Rapist Jacob Heranwa This monster raped a young girl he should have been looking after three times. Heranwa showed no remorse for his crimes and has now been jailed for 17 years. The 49-year-old, of Bernard Close, Huntingdon abused his position of trust by raping the youngster and was found guilty following a four-day trial at Peterborough Crown Court. He was sentenced on January 18 to 17 years on each count, to run concurrently, and was told he would serve an eight-year extended license on release. Heranwa received an indefinite restraining order preventing contact with the victim and her family and was also made the subject of an indefinite sexual harm… Read full this story
- Students who harassed Border Patrol officers during campus presentation face criminal charges
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Wins Re-election Despite Facing Criminal Charges
- Wisconsin couple face criminal charges after husband allegedly breaks measles quarantine to go to gym
- Uber won't face criminal charges in deadly self-driving car crash, prosecutor says
- Ex-Michigan State President latest to face criminal charges in the USA Gymnastics scandal
- Exclusive: Major Clinton Donor Faces ‘Criminal Profiteering’ Charges
- Man pretending to be Timmothy Pitzen may face criminal charges: children's safety advocate Francey Hakes
- Oregon Driver Who Fled Antifa Attack in 2017 Now Faces Criminal Charges Two Years Later for Fleeing the Mob (VIDEO)
- Data Kingpin Mark Zuckerberg Faces Criminal Probe in New York
- R. Kelly's Jackson controversy was so 2018. Singer faces backlash after 'Surviving R. Kelly' premiere
- Do Jails Kill People?
- British mother faces jail in Dubai after calling ex-husband 'idiot'
Jailed in 2018: The 77 faces of criminals locked up in since January have 333 words, post on www.cambridge-news.co.uk at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.