Meralco rates go down 18 percent since 2012 – international survey (philstar.com) – August 8, 2018 – 3:00pm Over the past six years, Meralco’s customers have been among the few in the world that have enjoyed rate decreases, versus substantial increases in that of some other neighboring countries, an international study showed. According to a survey done by the International Energy Consultants (IEC), an Australia-based consulting firm specializing in Asian power markets, compared to 2012, this means that Meralco residential rates (P/kWh) are now down 18 percent versus the overall CPI which went up 19 percent. Meralco’s average tariff (excluding VAT) in US cents per kWh has declined 4 percent since January 2016 versus an average increase of 12 percent across 46 countries covered by the survey. Its average tariff now ranks 24th out of the 46 countries surveyed, and 4 percent below the average of the survey. As presented by IEC, Meralco rates rank as one of the cheapest in Asia excluding other markets’ subsidies and their use of nuclear power generation. Emphasizing the role that subsidies play in other markets, according to the study, if subsidized markets are excluded, then Meralco’s tariff would even be 10 percent lower… Read full this story
- Shocking survey reveals nearly half of Americans take health, fitness and diet advice from social media influencers despite doctors warning about 'false health claims' online
- Facing Disaster, Americans Would Look to MacGyver for Help, Survey Finds
- Survey Reveals ‘Alarming’ Civic Literacy Crisis Among College Graduates
- Survey: Estonia 200 voters most popular second choice party
- Survey: Estonia 200 most popular second choice party
- Patient satisfaction index reaches nearly 80 percent
- Survey: Young people in Estonia not eager to move abroad
- UK house price growth slows to lowest annual rate since 2012
- Pound euro exchange rate: Queen speaks of October Brexit despite unresolved UK-EU talks
- Business Process Management (BPM) As A Service Market to grow at a CAGR of 37.18 by 2019 Globally
- Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling rockets to best levels since May - but will it last?
- These 4 Measures Indicate That Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) Is Using Debt Extensively
Meralco rates go down 18 percent since 2012 – international survey have 327 words, post on www.philstar.com at August 8, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.