Crimea on Friday was to hold a memorial ceremony for the 20 people killed in a school shooting dubbed the “Russian Columbine”, the worst massacre of its kind in the country’s history. On Wednesday, 18-year-old Vladislav Roslyakov opened fire on his technical college in the city of Kerch before killing himself. More than 40 others were injured in the attack. The ceremony, attended by authorities from the Moscow-annexed peninsula, will begin in the morning in the centre of Kerch. Security has been stepped up in the city of 150,000, which sits in the far east of Crimea and is where a recently-opened bridge links the Russian mainland to its new territory. All central roads have been closed. Residents have been laying flowers at the central square. The mourning ceremony will be followed by a procession towards Kerch’s new cemetery. Of those injured in the attack, a number remained in a “very serious condition”, according to Russian health minister Veronika Skvortsova. Many of those hospitalised were injured by an explosion that blasted metal ball bearings and other items into their bodies. Six have been transferred to the Russian capital for further treatment, Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin said. – Claim shooter was… Read full this story
- Malala Yousafzai Leads Global Condemnation of Taliban School Attack
- Boy, 11, who shot dead female teacher and wounded five pupils before killing himself at Mexican private school 'was dressed as Columbine killer and may have been influenced by same video game linked to the 1999 massacre'
- Mexican police director becomes fourth person to be arrested in connection with La Linea drug cartel massacre of US Mormon family in November
- Myall Creek Memorial a symbol of reconciliation as descendants of victims and perpetrators gather
- PICTURED: Two newlywed couples are identified among the 63 Canadian victims killed when their Ukrainian Airlines jet crashed in Iran
- ‘Your girl never knew’: ‘Chilling’ note child killer sent to victim’s mum
- Iran plane crash: The victims of Ukraine Flight PS752
- Pakistan sacks Baluchistan government after massacre
- SICHEL: Jordan Peterson’s ‘12 Rules for Life’ And The Parkland Massacre
- Charleston Church Massacre: What Kind of Person Attacks a Bible Study Group?
- France commemorates Charlie Hebdo attack victims, five years on
- Parkland Shooting Survivor Slams Broward County Sheriff For Appearing On School Safety Poster
Crimea mourns victims of school massacre have 367 words, post on en.rfi.fr at October 19, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.