Infamous begpacker Anastasia talks with a leader of Phú Quốc General Hospital. — Photo thanhnien.vn Viet Nam News PHÚ QUỐC — Last year, a photograph of a white woman meditating as she sat behind a pot of money on a Phú Quốc Island street caught the attention of Vietnamese Facebook users. Now, local authorities are trying to bring the Russian “begpacker” — the term for tourists from developed countries who rely on handouts from locals to finance their travels — to the Russian Consulate in HCM City after she attempted to use a hospital as a hotel room. According to earlier media reports, the 25-year-old Russian woman, known only as Anastasia, brought her boyfriend to Phú Quốc General Hospital on October 15 to treat his injury after a fight with an owner of a guest house in the island. After learning that the couple had no money, the hospital decided to waive the treatment fee and asked the boyfriend be discharged as his condition was minor. However, Anastasia asked for permission to stay longer in the hospital. According to Trương Văn Hữu, acting director of the hospital, Anastasia insisted on sharing a room with other patients although she was offered… Read full this story
- Belgium shooting: Attacker who killed three people in Liege was 'hunting' police officers, say authorities
- India storms: Extreme weather kills 54 as strong winds bring down trees, homes and power lines
- Nigeria: ActionAid Wants Govt to Accelerate Implementation of 2018 Budget
- Babchenko and Browder's bizarre tales, whatever the truth, will not help tensions between Russia and the West
- In the Middle East, Putin has a lot to thank Trump for right now
- Why did anti-Putin journalist Arkady Babchenko fake his own death and reappear at press conference?
- Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor: John Zogby, John Zogby Strategies
- British businessman and Putin critic Bill Browder briefly detained in Spain after Russia issues arrest warrant
- Racist and anti-gay chants on the rise in Russia ahead of World Cup
- Tanzania's Natural Gas Plant Construction to Start in 2022
- Italian president hints that new snap election could turn into a referendum on EU and euro
- Italy crisis: What triggered the political turmoil and how can it be solved?
Phú Quốc authority wants to bring ’troublesome’ Russian girl to mainland have 359 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.