Workers vaccinate poultry to prevent an outbreak of bird flu in 2015. — VNA/VNS Photo Anh TuấnViet Nam News HÀ NỘI – Việt Nam has reported no new cases of human infection with avian influenza viruses since the second half of 2014, an agriculture official said. Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Hà Công Tuấn said Việt Nam successfully prevented the epidemic from spreading on a large scale. The infection was mainly local and only affected a small portion of poultry. “The number of human infections and deaths from bird flu in the country has markedly decreased year after year,” Tuấn told a conference on the National Avian Flu Control Plan for 2014-18 and 2019-25 in Hà Nội on Tuesday. “No new cases have been found since the final months of 2014.” In the ten years between 2004 and the first half of 2014, 64 people died of the A/H5N1 strain of bird flu in Việt Nam. The deaths made up 50.4 per cent of the 127 cases of A/H5N1 bird flu infections, said Deputy Head of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development’s Department of Animal Health Đàm Xuân Thành Thành said the A/H5N1 bird flu was first… Read full this story
- Russia Reports New Case of African Swine Fever in Its Far East
- Bird flu outbreak found in Dordogne
- Deadly bird flu strain detected in France
- New HIV diagnoses in England are the lowest since 2000
- Report says vulnerable children left 'unsafe' by council
- Two new members for Surfleet Parish Council
- NZ faces flu vaccine shortage as illness surges
- NZ facing flu vaccine shortage as illness surges
- No deal Brexit: Flu vaccine delays 'very likely'
- Mumps cases triple in Bristol
- Scientists say humanity expects wave of fungal epidemics
- 'Gastro' cases hit epidemic levels
VN reports no new cases of bird flu in humans since 2014 have 295 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.