Sport by Press Association 13/10/2018, 8:42 pm Updated: 13/10/2018, 8:48 pm FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Wigan kept their promise to send coach Shaun Wane out on a high as they ground out a fifth Super League title with a 12-4 victory over Warrington in an error-strewn but compelling Grand Final. Winger Dom Manfredi, only recently back from more than two years out of the game with a career-threatening knee injury, was the Warriors’ blood-spattered hero with two of his side’s three tries. The Wigan players attempted to play down the sentimental factor in the build-up but the tears at the end of an absorbing contest told a different tale as they joyously celebrated with Wane, who will now go into rugby union with a third Grand Final ring. There was also a fitting finale for Sam Tomkins, John Bateman and Ryan Sutton but there were tears of a different kind for the Wolves as they slumped to a fourth defeat in as many Grand Finals. Tyrone Roberts, George King and Bodene Thompson were all on the losing side in their final match for Warrington, who also fell agonisingly short in the Challenge Cup… Read full this story
- DKD family war to air Grand Finale on January 5
- Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1 Grand Finale: Sabumon Emerges As The Big Winner!
- Busting out! Former Miss Universe Australia Renae Ayris flaunts ample assets and shapely derriere at Virgin Australia AFL grand final party
- Headingley to host 2020 Women's Super League Grand Final
- FFA review finds VAR technology failed during A-League grand final
- India vs Sri Lanka, 3rd T20I Highlights: India beat Sri Lanka by 78 runs, win series 2-0
- Case for defence presents penalties to settle A-League grand final
- Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Gets Extended By Two Weeks; The Grand Finale To Be Held In February
- 'It's a bit throbby': grand final hero Lawrence Thomas shrugs off head injuries
- Security stepped up for grand finale
- Vande Mataram may replace Abide With Me as Beating the Retreat finale
- Updated: Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid on penalties to win Spanish Super Cup
Wigan beat Warrington in Grand Final to give Shaun Wane winning send-off have 341 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at October 13, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.