Not everyone is satisfied with the outcome of the midterm elections, particularly the American Pastors Network. They believe it’s a travesty that Muslims are now serving in Congress, on the grounds that Islamic beliefs stand in opposition to the Constitution: a document they don’t appear to have read. Technically, anyone of any religion or no religion is allowed to serve, and everybody pledges to uphold the Constitution, including the parts about the separation of church and state. If anything, it’s conservative Christian politicians who stand in opposition to our founding document. But this group is treating Muslims as the enemy because, to them, the church is the state:Like most Religious Right groups, the American Pastors Network was hoping and praying for a conservative sweep in the midterm elections. It promoted a national day of prayer for the midterms on October 30, asking God to “put into office those who will stand for biblical principles in all of their governance.” During the summer, [APN founder Sam] Rohrer had declared, “We want people in office who think like God thinks,” suggesting that Christians should not vote for a Muslim or atheist. Last year, he said people who oppose Trump’s immigration policies are… Read full this story
- The Role of Israeli Lobby in US Presidential Elections
- Muslim Women Are Taking Part In Aqua-Aerobic And Swimming Events!
- The Potential Dangerous Side of Islam
- Islam and Muslim Protests in London, UK, and Europe - Impotence, Intolerance, and Violence
- Christian Understanding Of Islam For Religious Tolerance And Peaceful Co-existence
- Barack Obama And Kenya - Is He A Closet Muslim?
- Is Barack Hussein Obama a Muslim by Birth?
- Ramadan and Fasting in Islam
- Islam Unknown
- Has Christianity Become Materialistic and Lost in Their Own Doing?
- Jesus Was a Muslim Jew
- Is The World Ready For Another Woman Leader?
Christian Leader Lies About Elected Muslims, Saying They Back “Islamic Ideology” have 298 words, post on friendlyatheist.patheos.com at November 18, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.