The line-up for the 2019 Sundance Film Festival has been announced, with 112 films set to be screened in Park City, Utah. Unlike many other film festivals on the circuit, Sundance has unveiled a competition slate where 53% of the films have been directed by women. “We’re always going for parity, but because of the way we program, we’re looking for the films before we are who made them, so that kind of comes in the fine-tuning of the program, and it’s always amazing when it comes out that way,” said director of programming Kim Yutani. “This year, it was completely organic. Different people are telling stories, and I think that is indicative of the time we are living in right now.” Highlights include Extremely Wicked, Shocking Evil and Vile, starring Zac Efron as notorious serial killer Ted Bundy; Jennifer Kent’s follow-up to The Babadook, Australian drama The Nightingale; and Velvet Buzzsaw, which sees Jake Gyllenhaal reunite with Nightcrawler director Dan Gilroy for a story about the LA art scene. You can check out the full line-up below. The Sundance Film Festival runs from 23 January – 2 February 2019. US DRAMATIC COMPETITION Before You Know It (Director: Hannah Pearl Utt, Screenwriters:… Read full this story
- Atlanta Film Festival Showcases Impactful, Emotional Films
- Five films to catch at the Las Vegas Film Festival.
- Netflix’s second Ted Bundy film features Zac Efron as the serial killer but a different point of view, says director
- Who was Ted Bundy and what did he do?
- TV this week: ‘Knock Down the House’ recalls historic election
- The week in TV: Talk-show campaigning, a Queen rhapsody, and shows you need to binge
- Screen time: Preparing you for a massive summer at the movies
- What I’m watching: I’ve been cruising through Netflix
- Top things to do in Tampa Bay for Wednesday, May 1
- Around the remote: TV and streaming picks for April 28-May 4
- TV highlights for the week of April 28-May 4
- Summer movie preview: List of summer movies
Sundance film festival to showcase Zac Efron as Ted Bundy and documentaries on Weinstein and Ocasio-Cortez have 326 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at November 29, 2018. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.